Our new inquiry 'Grass to the Glass' began today with the class trying to record what they new about the process in the form of a flow chart, spider web or bullet points.
We discovered we had some great language like digest and udder, but we also found out that we had a lot more wondering than we had knowledge.
Some of the interesting questions were...
1. Do you get Chocolate milk from a brown cow or by feeding a cow chocolate not grass? (this was a joke, but how do you get chocolate milk and is banana milk from cows that are fed bananas?)
2. What is the difference between all the different type of milk? And who makes them different and why?
3. What happens at the factory to the milk?
4. Can we buy milk at the dairy farm gate?
- Posted by a Student in Room 6